The week kicks off with the “South Asian Talent” Clubhouse on Wednesday, June 23 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. PT. The “Two Sentence Horror Stories” creative panel, “Can Horror Heal the World,” will be on Thursday, June 24 from 6:30 p.m. to 7: 30 p.m. PT. Full panelists are below.
Title: Where the Hell are South Asians in Hollywood??
- Karan Soni (actor, “Special,” “Deadpool”)
- Parvesh Cheena (actor, member of the Foodie Fam cast in “Family Style”)
- Sujata Day (actor, member of the Foodie Fam cast in “Family Style,” Definition, Please)
- Simran Baidwan (writer/producer “Manifest,” “The Good Doctor,” “Chicago Med”)
- Fawzia Mirza (writer, actor, director)
- Shireen Razak (writer/producer, “New Amsterdam,” “Shadowhunters”)
- Bing Chen (Founder, Gold House)
Title: “Can Horror Help Heal the World?”
- Melody Cooper (writer, “Ibeji”)
- James Goldman (lead actor, “Elliot”)
- Chase Joynt (director, “Elliot”)
- Lucy Luna (co-writer, “El Muerto”)
- Sehaj Sethi (writer, “Instinct”)
- Elaine Chin (SVP, Head of Scripted at Stage 13)
Hosted by Clubhouse influencer Tony Thai (Bad Girls Film Club), both panels will focus on representation, inclusivity of narrative and storyline within Hollywood, how current social events and miscarriages of justice are reflected in TV and streaming series, with “Two Sentence Horror Stories” also discussing how presenting issues within a horror lens and trope can help cathartically to discuss issues and things that scare them.